Revelation II Anniversary Edition chess board is a complete chess system based upon the first Revelation chess board. It is based upon a powerful IMX7D dual core processor and produces a chess rating of over 3000 ELO using the world champion programs Komodo, Shredder, Hiarcs and Stockfish.
Pricing for the Revelation II with the Timeless Piece Set or Classic Piece Set including the carrying bag is 2.849 Euro (including 21% VAT) and the 2019 Full Emulation pricing is available at 699 Euro (including 21% VAT).
If you wish to change the Piece Set (see pictures below) : Add 50 Euro for the Royal , 100 Euro for the Ebony and 200 Euro for the FIDE Piece Set.
If you want extra weighted pieces, please add an additional 100 Euro to the price.
The Combination is on offer during summer period 2021, when we also will get new stock for the systems. Price in the combination is 3249 Euro, which includes all Emulations and Classic pieces.
The systems primary function is to play against modern age top chess programs. These programs combined with the processing power aboard this systems gives unprecedented chess playing quality. But if you like you can also set the engines to play at levels starting from 1500 Elo. Included are also the emulations of the chess computers back in the 80’s and 90’s in which chess play against dedicated chess computers was at its peak. Remember the great Dutch Aegon tournaments?
The historic emulation function is a combined concept using emulation and the classical world champion modules for the Mephisto Series, and as I may say a very successful one. The emulation will run (varying upon the chosen processor) to up to 15 times faster than the original emulations, so in many cases they will run faster in comparison to the World Champion Editions from the eighties (remember the Tournament machines with the Motorola 68030 at 36 Mhz and 2MB Hash?). These emulations are great for the moderate chess players, and in combination with the current engines will give a broad range of chess playing experience to the customers. For the Emulations we have some extra good news. Phoenix Chess Systems als has the agreement with Ed Schröder and Johan de Koning, so not only the Richard Lang Emulations will be included but also the Ed Schröder Emulations an de Koning Emulations. And if you have the other originals systems, up to 23 emulations will be available.
The Revelation can operate as a DGT Bluetooth E-Board and even displays information, normally on the DGT XL clock, on the Revelation II display in this modus.
The highlights for the system are:
– Included is a carrying bag for the complete system, so the Chess Board is wel protected, and can be transported without risk;
– Fully standalone Chess Board, equipped with onboard embedded IMX7D dual core high performance processor to facilitate the onboard chess engines;
– The IMX7D is a modern processor and runs at 1,0 Ghz in dual core;
– The implementation of this IMX7D has a 32 bit wide databus, and a large cpu cache to ensure that the engines will run at their best performance;
– 1GB of DDR3 Ram ensures enough memory for large Hash tables;
– 4 Gigabyte of Flash memory, so there is plenty of storage to upgrade with additional Chess Engines as they become available;
– ELO levels can be adjusted to play at your level (depending on engine settings);
– The Chess Board is multi chess engine, so you can select from a number of Chess Engines;
– The Chess Board will contain three commercial engines at delivery, but can be upgraded with more Chess Engines;
– Included are Komodo, Hiarcs and Shredder to ensure you have top performing Chess Engines;
– As a courtesy of some well-known programmers Fruit, Toga, and over 15+ shareware engines are also included;
– The Chess Board is using the great Piece Recognition Technology from DGT, so analyzing and setting up chess positions are simple as that;
– The Chess Board is based upon the Revelation I Chess Board design, but now has slightly separated stands and they will be in black finish, resulting in a classic modern look;
– A larger display with double resolution, based upon the newest OLED technology, gives detailed information over the current chess game;
– The oled display as well as the led technology around the chess fields to indicate the moves are all made up from a gentle and elegant green lighting;
– All focus is upon beauty and passion for the chess game, so despite all electronics onboard, you will have a fine, wooden chess board of high quality with great pieces;
– For PC communication Bluetooth is available. This way you can upgrade with newest firmware when available or even newer Chess Engines, and upgrades on existing Chess Engines.
– As a bonus the UCI server is added so you can also play chess engines on your PC as if they are installed on the Revelation II. This software is added free of charge. A good reliable bluetooth up and downlink is necessary to use this feature.
We want to highlight the usage for a OLED display, which is a state of the art method of displaying information. It is green, and matches the led signalling on the board.
The piece sets
Please add the indicated additional price to the base pricing if you would like to upgrade the Piece set: